We wants to put a clean and green heart at the centre of Denmark Street’s new era, we want to improve our carbon footprint whilst getting it to work better as a creative and businesses hub for the music industry, retailers and venues.
We fundamentally believe that once we invest in and create social capital in the heart of our community, the economic capital will follow.
But for that to really work we must consider the impact of Denmark Street on the environment.
We want to inspire audiences to act on climate change through positive messaging, supporting environment groups that help us engage audiences, and by leading by example with a radio station, store and venues that encourage change within the sector by sharing what we have learnt.
We want to encourage low carbon touring through collaboration with artists, booking agents, and the wider sector.
• Promote circularity and efficiency in all materials used around the venue, store and station and in the handling of waste
• To use world class energy efficient LED screens
• To run a circularity social media campaign where celebrities pledge to one of the principles to make their touring ‘green’
• Pledge to Music Declares Emergency
• 50% suppliers are from local businesses
• Digital only ticketing
• Purchase 100% renewable energy
• Use responsibly sourced material such as 100% EU Ecolabel-certified toilet paper and paper towels
• Be a zero waste to landfill venue and install recycling and compostable bins
• Donate a set amount of £s to offsetting